Popular Posts

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Recorded Cassette Tape from 1989

   Behold! The oldest recorded cassette tape from my dilapidated music collection. It's been stored away at my mothers house for all these years. She sent it to me recently so I've decided to write a blog about it, a type of memoir.

   After listening to the tape and doing some research on each track. It looks as if I put this tape together back around the summer of 1989. The track listing is pretty diverse and I still listen to some of these songs on a regular basis. You can click on the title of the each song if you would like to listen.


SIDE 1:

1. Sid & Nancy Soundtrack - I Wanna Be Your Dog performed by Gary Oldman
2. Sid & Nancy Soundtrack - Chinese Choppers performed by Pray for Rain
3. Sid & Nancy Soundtrack  - Love Kills performed by the Circle Jerks
4. Youth of Today - Take A Stand
5. Youth of Today - Honesty
6. Social Distortion - Ball and Chain
7. Excel - Blaze Some Hate
8. Edie Brickell & the New Bohemians - What I Am
9. Nitzer Ebb - Join In the Chant



SIDE 2:

1. Sid & Nancy Soundtrack - Love Kills performed by Joe Strummer
2. Sid & Nancy Soundtrack - My Way performed by Gary Oldman
3. Sonic Youth - Schizophrenia
4. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Taste the Pain
5. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Pretty Little Ditty
6. Faith No More - Epic
7. Sex Pistols - God Save the Queen

2 comments:

  1. Love it....great stuff. Sid & Nancy is still one of my favorites ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The film "Sid & Nancy" was released a few years prior to this tape being made (1986) but it always took a couple extra years for anything to make it to Roswell. I'm just wondering how Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians made the cut.

    ReplyDelete